DEFI – The Startup Event at TAPMI, Manipal
DEFI stands for Inspiration, Ideation & Innovation. In Defi, we will empower the shortlisted teams with the tools, knowledge and community to help bring their idea to life and communicate it visually through prototyping. Anyone with an idea can participate, form a team, and rapidly prototype the idea so that the end of the day they can have a real-time working model of their idea.
Simultaneously, the shortlisted candidates will go through a workshop conducted by NASSCOM where they will be trained by industry experts on how to develop a Business Plan and Elevator Pitch which will make the idea investor ready. This will be followed by an extensive prototype hack for the selected teams. The winners stand a chance to get an incubation opportunity by MUTBI, one of most prestigious incubators in the country.
1) This is a team event. Participants have to form a team of maximum 4 members.
2) Each team will be allocated an additional member from TAPMI as Business Consultant. The allocation of 5th member will be done by the organizers. This is Optional, But teams with Business consultant with have additional advantage.
3) Participation is open to all.
4) Participant cannot register in more than one team.
5) The competition will take place in 3 rounds.
* All submissions to be uploaded on this portal : defi.incubatehub.com
* All files to be submitted must be named in the given format: DEFI_Teamname_RoundNo.
* Each team will be allocated a mentor who will guide and assist them on their venture concept.
Round 1 will require submission of an executive summary (not more than 1000 words) of your business idea.
Round 2 will require shortlisted teams to submit a 10-15 slides of power point presentation (.pptx) explaining the roadmap about their vision of their venture. Slide presentation should include (list is not exhaustive):-
Round 3 will consist of three stages which will take place at T. A. Management Institute campus on January 27th, 2017.
Stage 1 will be business plan and elevator pitch creation workshop conducted by NASSCOM
Stage 2 will be a 30-hour uninterrupted hack where shortlisted teams will be required to create a prototype of their business idea. Prototyping kits and mentorship will be provided.
Stage 3 will be the delivery of the final pitch to the panellists. Winners have a chance to win a life time opportunity to be incubated by one of most prestigious incubators in the country.
6) The idea should be original. At DEFI we are providing an opportunity to launch your idea in one of the three formats –IoT (Internet of Things), Web and Mobile application.
7) All decisions in the matter of eligibility, authenticity and final judgments will be with the organizing committee.
8) The format and structure of the event is subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.
Note: We respect the privacy of your Intellectual Property. All submissions are confidential unless otherwise permitted by applicants. The submitted details will be shared across the event organizers and judges only.
Our Website: defi.incubatehub.com