Master of Business Administration – Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)
Prof. Ritu Gupta
Chairperson – MBA-HRM Program
Program Mission – “Value Creation through People”
The role of an HR professional in today’s organization is more important than ever. The role has changed from merely being recognized as a support function to the trusted business partner in growth, from controller and compliance to enabler, from being reactive to proactive, from regressive to progressive, from being rigid to flexible and agile, from process-centric to employee centric, from theory/philosophy-driven to data and evidence driven, from just being operational to strategic, technology shy to user of high-end sophisticated technologies. The role is that of an enabler – enabling organizations to be agile and effective, enabling business leaders to achieve organizational objectives and execute growth strategies, and enabling employees for high performance and reach their potential.
However, globally there is a dearth of such quality HR professionals. Addressing this need, TAPMI’s MBA-HRM program is aimed at producing thought leaders in human resources who can effectively manage people and organizations for high performance. With a mission of creating value through people, the program is focused on delivering a comprehensive course curriculum in human resources to build exceptional behavioral (individual, team and leadership), functional, strategic and institutional (employee relations and industrial relations) HR competencies which empowers participants to become strategic partners for business.
Why TAPMI MBA-HRM?
- Comprehensive and rigorous curriculum designed in collaboration with Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) matching global standards
- Program accredited by international accreditation bodies like AACSB and AMBA
- Scholarship to all students to pursue SHRM-CP, a globally recognized certification exam
- Hands-on training in Leadership Assessment via Leadership Assessment and Development Centre (LADC)
- Workshops and certifications in Competency Mapping, Total Rewards Management, Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Development techniques (OD), Coaching, Tax Management, Assessment Centre and others
- Flexible and extended summer internships of up to 5 months and excellent placements in key HR profiles.
- Strong focus on analytics and new age technologies in HRM along with the core HR areas of industrial relations.
- Immersive projects in the social sector to develop empathy and social responsibility
TAPMI SHRM Collaboration
MBA-HRM program is developed in partnership with SHRM India and is aligned to SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK) which is based on extensive global research that included employers, academics and practicing HR professionals at all levels. The alignment makes students eligible for taking SHRM-Certified Professional exam (the most coveted HRM certification) which is an endorsement to the knowledge and competency gained in the program. TAPMI sponsors the cost toward SHRM-CP examination for each student in the program. Of course, each student is responsible for meeting the criteria of SHRM including passing the certification examination. Thus far, the success rate of TAPMI students in clearing the SHRM-CP exam is above 80 percent, which is higher than the global passing rate.