Master of Business Administration – Banking and Financial Services (MBA-BKFS)
Program Mission – “Value Creation through Financial Analysis”
TAPMI’s MBA-BKFS program focuses on “Value-Creation through Financial Analysis”. The program design is based on the MS-Finance program of US with additional inputs on business management so as to ensure in-depth understanding of business finance decisions. Aided by the state-of-the-art TAPMI Finance Lab, this course enables students to have a managerial career in the fields of banking and financial services with leading national and multinational banks and financial institutions.
Why TAPMI MBA-BKFS
- Scholarships to pursue CFA and FRM
- CFA C-BOK and FRM certified curriculum
- Training with SBI – Staff Training College, Hyderabad and BSE Training Institute, BSE, Mumbai to hone industry relevant skills
- Real time course integration of TAPMI Finance Lab – powered by 16 Bloomberg and 7 Reuters terminals
- Experiential Learning focus through SMIC (student managed investment course) and Samnidhy (student management mutual fund) designed around TAPMI Finance Lab
- Accredited by AACSB and AMBA
- 100% Placement from the first batch.
- Master thesis course which provides the student an opportunity to acquire first-hand experience in applied research in Finance under the supervision of an experience faculty.
As part of the CFA affiliation, TAPMI’s MBA-BKFS curriculum is CFA C-BOK (candidate body of knowledge) certified i.e. 80% of our curriculum reflects the curriculum of CFA which helps a student to pursue CFA certification parallelly as the concepts are discussed in the class in detail. The CFA Society provides four scholarships to TAPMI students to pursue CFA.
GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals) has recognized TAPMI (MBA-BKFS) as an academic partner. As an academic partner GARP has certified that TAPMI’s MBA-BKFS risk management course offerings reflect Financial Risk Management (FRM) certification and meet the latest global industry standards. TAPMI is the first institute in India to achieve this recognition and GARP has offered scholarships to pursue FRM certification.
TAPMI Finance Lab
The highlight of the MBA-BKFS program is the TAPMI Finance Lab, a world-class trading Lab, powered by Bloomberg and Reuters. The trading lab is equipped with 16 Bloomberg terminals and 7 Thomson Reuters terminals. The state-of-the-art lab provides students the knowledge and insight into real market situations while bridging the gap between financial theory and practice.
Student Managed Investment Course (SMIC)
MBA-BKFS program requires students to undergo Student Managed Investment Course (SMIC), with each student being provided with Rs.25000 resulting in a corpus of Rs.15 lakhs, for investment in Indian stock markets. This unique opportunity gives the students a deeper understanding of the s of financial markets. TAPMI is the only business school in India to run a course where students are given real money to invest in financial markets.
Samnidhy is the only registered Student Managed Investment Fund in India. It is a platform for budding investors to learn the skills of investment and fund management. The firm receives constant guidance and support from an advisory board which includes Prof. Madhu Veeraraghavan and senior capital market professionals