MBA – Master of Business Administration
Program Mission – “Leadership through Value Creation”
“Leadership through value Creation” is the mission of the flagship program, Master of Business Administration (MBA) at TAPMI. The institute aims to develop well rounded leaders with a cross functional orientation. Participants in the flagship program will be working closely with faculty and achieve the following outcomes are expected to jointly work with our faculty in a bid to achieve the following outcomes:
- Have mastery of the domain with enhanced functional skills
- Ability to take initiatives under uncertainty seeking minimal guidance & supervision
- Persisting with unfamiliar contexts, subject matter and platforms
- Ability to interact and collaborate with peers and other concerned stake holders
- Develop ability to clearly communicate one’s argument, carefully listen to feedback from others some of which may as well counter to one’s own views
- Understand the need for contributing in relevant areas beyond personal goals and achievements
- Deep sense of reflection before taking decisions, thus resisting oneself to be swayed away from thinking short term
MBA Program – Highlights
- More than 5000 plus successful alumni across the globe with currently more than 20% of them leading various reputed organizations at CXO level
- Young Leader Program (YLP) focused on developing leadership abilities through Executive Internship arrangements with CXOs of reputed organizations. This program is scheduled during the last term (Term VI)
- Global Exposure through International Immersion Program during the first year
- Personalized attention to each student for capability assessment and development through various forums like FAS, CAS & LADC
- Individual Coursera Licence offered to each student to enable upgrade skills and knowledge along with classroom learning.
- Opportunity to be a part of various student committees helping develop leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Consistent 100% Placement Record for the last 30+ years since inception
- Internship opportunities in reputed organizations with good profiles and stipends. Good track record of conversion of internships into PPO offers.
- MBA Program accredited by reputed Accreditation agencies viz., Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)and Association of MBAs (AMBA). The program is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Cross-functional Integrated Learning
The flagship MBA program at TAPMI aims to build leadership capabilities in students through cross-functional integrated learning. The basic purpose is to develop abilities assisting students evaluate situations considering all possible business aspects before taking anyfinal decision. To enhance these abilities, we strive to provide students with opportunities for experiential learning across all its specialization areas through an array of courses such as –
MBA program at TAPMI –How different is it?
The MBA program at TAPMI is not a typical standard program as offered by various other institutes but includes a four-pronged approach in a bid to create memorable and enriching experience for all students.
We have identified four intersecting themes which we believe will transform the learning experience and outcomes of participants. A brief description of the four intersecting themes is given below:
• Flexible learning processes – Students are provided the opportunity to learn at their preferred pace. TAPMI offers opportunity to secure credits through MOOC courses and also courses of independent study offered by faculty and industry partners.
• Leadership development – TAPMI wishes all its students to develop leadership skills and this is reflected in the process adopted by the institute in its selection process followed by the induction process for students in any batch. Several initiatives have been launched towards this effect viz.“TAPMI Young Leader’s Program (YLP)”, “Design Thinking Sprint” and “Mastery of Self” course for students.
• Extended Industry Interface – The institute views final placement of its students as a logical conclusion of the academic environment at TAPMI. Students need exposure to the latest trends in the industry in their journey to occupy professional positions in the industry. TAPMI offers an exciting array of industry immersion courses and orientation towards happenings in the world of corporate throughout the two-year journey of the student.
• Internationalisation – Management professionals are expected to take up leadership roles in any part of the globe and not just in the domestic markets. TAPMI wants to create cosmopolitan leaders who possess the ability to appreciate and leverage diversity. Students will be exposed to key international centers like Dubai and Kuala Lumpur through its International Immersion Program scheduled normally during the first year. The institute also offers choice of foreign language as electives to be chosen by students.
TAPMI Young Leaders Programme (YLP)
TAPMI aims to produce industry relevant graduates capable of taking leadership roles while navigating through volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world. Towards this determination, TAPMI provides a unique opportunity to its immensely talented students to be part of an ambitious, action oriented and future focused Young Leaders Programme.The program will provide development opportunities via extended coaching, mentorship by alumni and executive internship with C-suites during the last term (Term VI) of study.
Objectives of TAPMI Young Leaders Programme
- To create a dynamic learning environment which cultivates future leaders
- To identify exceptionally talented students for leadership development
- To help identify their current leadership strengths and build a personal leadership philosophy and a clear future leadership development plan.
- To expose the identified young leaders to the realities (challenges) of C-Suite executive positions
- To facilitate learning from past and present leaders of Corporate India
The above-mentioned objectives will be achieved through the following opportunities for students as part of TAPMI YLP:
- Increased self-awareness through personalized one-on-one evidence based expert advisory
- Self-development through coaching by trained faculty
- Invaluable mentorship of senior TAPMI Alumni
- Term-6 on a fast-track (special) mode
- Executive Internship with influential C-Suite business leaders for two months
The executive internship is in addition to the regular internship of two-months that is scheduled between the first and second year. Under this exciting programme, selected students would be sent to leading firms in Corporate India to work as intern under senior (C-Suite in most cases) industry leaders. Students will shadow the leaders and will work in the role of executive assistant to their mentors. This will be a paid internship.
The flagship MBA program at TAPMI aims at developing Global Value Leaders. Global exposure is at the heart of creating Global Value Leaders and TAPMI aims to provide the same through visits of international faculty, global visit by students and deliberation on international dimensions wherever relevant during delivery of courses.