Corporate Engagement Programs
Corporate engagement programs are designed to facilitate knowledge sharing, provoke creative thinking, and challenge the student’s ability to solve problems
Disha Corporate event: Disha is an annual workshop over 3 weekends (6 days) where corporate business leaders engage with TAPMI students and faculty and share their knowledge and experience in an interactive workshop format. The primary objective intent is to create an opportunity to understand the challenges, opportunities, and business models from the practitioners. The event also gives an opportunity for leaders to interact with youth and also network amongst themselves. The event is also an opportunity for faculty to engage with corporate leaders and understand the industry trends and explore partnership
- Ignite-21:When the pandemic struck the dislocation impacted all our lives and our students were forced to take up internship projects from home and also learn from home. We decided to ride on the new opportunity of virtual platforms and more time available at home to deliver practitioner webinar
IGNITE-21 is a platform for corporate leaders and management practitioners to share their insights from their own career journey or from the business programs in their organization.
- Custom-designed training programs for corporate partners: With a view to deliver extra value to our recruiter we conduct training programs to employees of our recruiters. In 2021-22, a customized two-day HR Analytics Program was delivered to 136 HR executives nominated by 28 corporate partners. The widespread acceptance of learning in virtual mode has opened up a large opportunity for offering high quality training programs at very cost and we intend to take full advantage of it. We are also keen to offer long duration and customized executive educationlearning opportunity to the employees of our recruiters. We would like to demonstrate the applied research and consulting capabilities of TAPMI faculty to the recruiters.
- A. Pai Young HR leader: TAPMI is the knowledge partner to ‘Great Manager Award’ instituted by People Business for the last three years. TAPMI is engaged in the process of nomination, screening, and evaluation process. Further, TAPMI is the title sponsor for the ‘T. A. Pai Young HR Leaders’ is an award to recognize and honor HR leaders in the country. The award highlights and brings to the fore, innovations and industry-leading people practices, the impact of which is not just limited to organizations but also on the society and the profession at large
Corporate participation in curriculum design and delivery:
- Course designed and delivered by practitioners: The institute recognizes the importance of industry-academia collaboration for regular teaching as well. TAPMI promotes industry experts to design and deliver courses in emerging business trends.
- In a special partnership expert from Deloitte deliver sessions on IT Risk management as a part of Enterprise Risk Management elective
- KPMG designed and delivered a program on Data analytics
- Business leaders from Virtusa deliver an entire two credit course, “Fintech and Role of Emerging Technologies in Finance.”
- The Fifth Digital delivered Fintech Course to TAPMI students on workshop mode
- Co-delivery of electives:As a matter of design in as many courses as possible we invite practitioners to join and deliver a few sessionswith the TAPMI course faculty. This creates an opportunity to bring new perspectives and stay connected with the evolving market context
- Mr. Sanjay Panigrahi ( ex GCMMF and Fevicol) added value to Sales and Distribution course by taking a session on how technology and digital has changed the performance management of the channel and sales team
- Mr. Anbumani delivered a session on branded retail in the marketing of FMCG products course
- Mr. Samabasivam from TCS contributed to the Sales Analytics course by delivering a module on analytics platform and tools
- Mr. Nimesh Shah of Windchimes anchored a session on Digital Promotion as a part of Sales Promotion Management course
- Industry immersion workshops: Contemporary business trends such as digital adaption, cyber security, social media marketing, block chain technology, etc., are not captured in the textbooks. TAPMI invites industry experts to conduct immersion workshops (4 to 8 hours) to address such gaps.
- Advisory Board: The objective of a programadvisory board is to provide inputs to the academic council and review the curriculum based on the industry trends. The advisory board consists of business leaders from various sectors and TAPMI alumni
- Alumni Inputs: TAPMI actively engages with the Alumni base to seek feedback on curriculum and industry linkages. This engagement happens at multiple levels such as participation in advisory board, co-delivery of electives, and delivery of workshops and guest lectures.