Admission Process Indian & CIWG
TAPMI offers four PGDM programs:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Banking and Financial Services
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Human Resources Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Marketing and Sales Management*
- The Admissions Process provided below explains the common process followed across all programs. Each PGDM program may have additional components based on its requirements.
- TAPMI follows Profile-based shortlisting.
- Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid CAT/ XAT/ GMAT scores (whichever is higher), academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation, backlogs during graduation etc.), work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extra-curricular achievements if any.
- The Statement of Purpose plays an important role in shortlisting.
- Shortlist for each program is separate and independent of each other. Shortlist in one program does not guarantee shortlist for the other program.
A Graduate Degree with not less than 50% marks (final year students may also apply).
Stage I: Shortlisting
- For Candidates with work experience of less than 24 months
|CAT 2018 /
- For Candidates with work experience of more than 24 months
For candidates with work experience of two years or more TAPMI follows profile-based shortlisting. Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid CAT/ XAT/ GMAT scores (whichever is higher), academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation, backlogs during graduation etc.), work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extra-curricular achievements if any.
Students will be informed on the shortlist decision through email / sms to their registered email id and phone number.
Stage II: Admissions Process
The stage II of TAPMI Admissions process consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by a Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interview (PI).
- Written Ability Test (WAT): TAPMI conducts WAT to evaluate written capabilities of prospective students. WAT aims to evaluate Articulation and Technical (Grammar and Spellings) of the applicant.
- Group Discussions (GD): Group Discussions aims to evaluate ability of the applicant to interact within a group. GD aims at evaluating applicant’s skills in the area of Leadership, Problem Solving, Solution Orientation, Persuasion and Communication. Topics for GD will be based on current affairs/ issues debated in last five years.
- Personal Interview (PI): TAPMI’s objective for conducting personal interview is to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. To ensure the same TAPMI will be conducting Behavioural Personal Interview. TAPMI will evaluate applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership and Communication.
Final selection of the candidate is based CAT/XAT/GMAT (Overall Percentile) + Verbal Ability Percentile + academic profile + work experience + WAT Score + GD Score + PI Score. Details will be provided later.
Centers for GD/WAT/PI
Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai and Manipal.
Application Fee (Non-refundable inclusive GST)
One Program – INR 2100 + 18% GST
Two Programs – INR 2500 + 18% GST
Three Programs – INR 4200 + 18% GST
Four Programs – INR 5900 + 18% GST
Last date for submission of online application- January 18, 2019
- TAPMI does not accept application in hardcopy mode. All applications must be submitted online. Candidates have an option of making payment for application through online/credit card/debit card or using online banking payment facility. Our website will guide you through the application submission process as well as online payment process.
- The above procedure may be changed depending on the developments that may arise.
- Any disputes regarding the Admissions to these programs are subject to the jurisdiction of Udupi only.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Our Institute uses CAT/XAT/GMAT scores for shortlisting the candidates for our Post-graduate Programmes in Management. IIMs, XLRI and GMAC have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Prof. Aditya Mohan Jadhav, Chairman Admissions,
Prof. Kedar Joshi, Co-Chair Admissions,
Mr. Navin Yelamali, Deputy Manager (Admissions),
Ms. Jyothi Nayak,
Ms. Shalet D’souza,
Ms. Reena S