Admission Process Indian & CIWG
The Admissions Process provided below explains the standard process followed across ALL programmes. Each PGDM programme may have additional components based on its requirements.
A Graduate Degree with not less than 50% marks (final year student may also apply. The admission will be canceled if they obtain less than 50% in his/her graduation).
Stage I: Shortlisting
- For Candidates with work experience of less than 20 months as on March 31, 2021
|GMAT (2016-Feb 2021)
*As per APH-2020: Subject to change
- For Candidates with work experience of more than 20 months as on March 31, 2021
TAPMI follows “Profile-based shortlisting”. Profile considered for shortlisting consists of
- Valid CAT/ XAT/ GMAT scores (whichever is higher)
- Academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation, Overall academic performance, etc.)
- Work experience (type of company, total experience in months, etc.)
- Extra-curricular achievements (State/ National/ International) if any
- The Statement of Purpose plays an important role in shortlisting
- Shortlist for each programme is separate and independent of each other. For aspriants who have applied for more than one programme, shortlist in one programme does not guarantee a shortlist for the other programme.
Students will be informed on the shortlist decision through email / SMS to their registered email address and phone number.
Stage II: Admissions Process
The stage II of TAPMI admissions process consists of,English Proficiency Test (EPT), Moderated Group Discussion (MGD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- English Proficiency Test (EPT): EPT assesses the English proficiency across listening, writing, and reading skills of the applicant.
- Moderated Group Discussions (MGD): Moderated Group Discussions aims to evaluate ability of the applicant to interact within a group an enrich the discussion. MGD aims at evaluating applicant’s skills in Problem Solving, Confidence and Assertiveness, Persuasion, Collaboration and Communication. Topics for MGD will be based on current affairs/ issues debated in last five years. An important change for the forthcoming process is to restrict the number of candidates to 6 per group and have the discussion moderated by the faculty panel.
- Personal Interview (PI): TAPMI’s objective for conducting a personal interview is to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. To ensure the same TAPMI will be conducting Behavioural Personal Interview. TAPMI will evaluate applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership, and Communication.
The final selection of the candidate is based on Entrance Exam Score + academic profile + work experience + EPT Score + MGD Score + PI Score. Details will be provided later.
|Valid Entrance Exam Scores
|Score for academic performance (in X, XII, Undergraduate Degree)
|Weightage for Gender Diversity and Extra-curricular Activities
*Based on the APH 2020 – Subject to change
Mode of Interview: Online
Application Fee (Non-refundable inclusive GST)
One Programme – INR 2100 + 18% GST
Two Programmes – INR 2500 + 18% GST
Three Programmes – INR 4000 + 18% GST
Four Programmes – INR 6000 + 18% GST
Last date for submission of online application (extended) – January 22, 2021
- TAPMI does not accept application in hardcopy mode. All applications must be submitted online. Candidates have the option of making payment for application through online/credit card/debit card or using online banking payment facility. Our website will guide you through the application submission process as well as online payment process.
- The above procedure may be changed depending on the developments that may arise.
- Any disputes regarding the Admissions to these programmes are subject to the jurisdiction of Udupi only.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Our Institute uses CAT/XAT/GMAT scores for shortlisting the candidates for our Post-graduate Programme in Management. IIMs, XLRI and GMAC have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- There is no “Management Quota” at TAPMI.