BBA Honors Admission Process Guidelines
A. Guideline for Statement of Purpose (SoP)
A good statement of purpose should cover the following elements:
1. The factors that excite the candidate in a career and the reason for the same.
2. What accounts for the candidate’s interest in the BBA Honors program?
3. How in the candidate’s view the BBA Honors program relates to his/her career plans?
4. Where the candidate would like to be after BBA Honors and after 10 years?
5. What in the candidate’s views are his/her strengths and areas of improvement?
6. What are the challenges that the candidate sees ahead and how they will impact the career plans?
The SoP should overall not be more than 750 words.
Students are advised to complete all the 6 SOP questions as per the instructions in the SOP word file and upload it on the link provided/ advised in the interview invitation email.
B. Guidelines and Proposed Topics for the Micro Presentation
- Each student will have to make an oral micro-presentation of 90 seconds.
- The topic will be assigned on-the-spot by the interview panel from the list provided below.
- Student will be provided 90 seconds time to prepare for the micro-presentation.
- Please note that the student DOES NOT have the right to decide the topic of micro-presentation and will have to make the presentation on the topic decided by the interview panel.
No visual aids /digital aids/ material from external sources (in written, printed or digital format) will be allowed during the micro-presentation.
The list of micro-presentation topics is provided below.
1. Corruption and its impact on my future as an employee
2. Environmental Pollution: Reality or in our minds?
3. Poverty around me and its challenges for me
4. How physics makes me a better manager?
5. All that is good in life is chemistry
6. Genes and my future as a healthy human being
7. Forests: how they challenge my life and aspirations
8. Freedom of Speech in our family
9. Accounting makes me a better human being
10. Understanding history makes us a better manager
11. Social Change and Social Media
12. Life is a quadratic equation
13. The best poem/story I read was the worst experience of my life
14. Women’s rights can be seen in TV serials
15. Culture today is Instagram and Snapchat
16. Mathematics is the most important and useless subject
17. Those who play football are bad dancers
18. Astronomy is not as good as gastronomy
19. Computer Science is much more than jobs in IT companies
20. Botany and my daily life
21. Zoology is best learnt in animation films
22. Economics is about daily life
23. Demand, supply is best learnt on Instagram
24. Trigonometry is very useful in life
25. Netflix and Amazon Prime are gifts of science
26. In today’s world all are singers and actors
27. The best things in life require learning chemistry
28. Learning music is as important as learning accounts for a Commerce student
29. Geography has made me better in my personal life
30. Poor and rich is all about luck
31. Science students’ view on writing long answers
32. Literature is best learnt in movies
33. A good writer is mostly a failure in personal life
34. Classroom is all about psychology in action
35. When history is old, it becomes chemistry
36. Language is about life itself
37. Dance is about passion, not practice
38. Physical education is most needed by the teachers
39. The day I don’t go to school is the worst day in my life
40. Home is good, school is fine but college is horror