Brigham Young University (BYU) Accounting Research Rankings
TAPMI has been ranked 263 Globally in the 2017 Brigham Young University (BYU) Accounting Rankings based on Prof. Madhu Veeraraghavan’ s publications in the Top Ranked Accounting Journals in the last six years.
TAPMI is at 331 in the most recent twelve-year period, and 397 for all publications since 1990. Prof Madhu Veeraraghavan has been ranked 103 in the World in the Area of Auditing. AACSB recognises the existence of around 15000 Business Schools in the world. His publications are listed below.
Brigham Young University (BYU) Accounting Research Rankings that are displayed on the website (http://www.byuaccounting.net/rankings/univrank/rankings.php) ranks universities, PhD programs and individuals, based on how many particles they publish in a set of twelve journals, which are listed below:
- Accounting, Organizations, and Society; Auditing:
- A Journal of Practice & Theory;
- Behavioral Research in Accounting;
- Contemporary Accounting Research;
- Journal of Accounting & Economics;
- Journal of Information Systems;
- Journal of Accounting Research;
- Journal of Management Accounting Research;
- Accounting Horizons;
- Journal of the American Taxation Association;
- Review of Accounting Studies; and
- The Accounting Review.
A bit more about these journals, from the website:
- “Research has shown that six of these journals (AOS, CAR, JAE, JAR, RAST, and TAR) are considered the highest-rated accounting journals irrespective of topical area or methodology”.
- “The remaining five journals (Auditing, BRIA, JIS, JMAR, and JATA) are perceived to be the highest-rated accounting journals for the non-financial topical areas and the methodological area of experimental research”.
- “Accounting Horizons was added to the journal list for rankings from 2015”
“For the education rankings, we add the journals Issues in Accounting Education and Journal of Accounting Education”