VASANTH KAMATH V P
Associate Professor & Chairperson – Controller of Examinations
Operations and Decision Sciences
B.E, MTech, MBA, PhD
Date of Joining:
3rd Jun 2014
Prof. Vasanth Kamath is an Associate Professor in Operations and Decision Sciences at the T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), a constituent institute of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), India. He engages courses in Simulation and System Dynamics Modeling, Operations management, Supply chain management, Project management, Managerial Statistics and Operations research. His is also the Co-chairperson- Office of the controller of examinations at TAPMI.
He was earlier associated with Manipal Institute of Technology, MAHE, Manipal as an Assistant Professor of Management. He also has industrial experience as a Manager in Project/ Maintenance Planning at Reliance Industries Ltd., Mumbai.
He is a member of the System Dynamics Society, and International Association of Engineers, London, UK. His methodological research focusses on methods and techniques for dealing with dynamically complex policy issues. His applied research interests include (but are not limited to) model-based policy support related to business, energy, and environmental, and public policy in general.
Conferences and Workshops
- Kamath V., Kamath B.G., Mathias K., Rao D.S., (2021), “Integration of ISM and System Dynamics to portray the antecedents and consequences of implementation of IoT in manufacturing firms”, International Conference on Maintenance and Intelligent Asset Management, December 12-15, 2021, Federation University, Ballarat Victoria, Australia
- Pai, S.M., Siddalingaswamy, P.C., Kamath, V., (2019), “Machine Learning Approach for Formulating and Improvising Existing Local and Federal Government Policy”, 6th International Conference on Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analytics and Intelligence, April 6 -7,2019, Indian Institute of Management- Ahmedabad.
- Kamath V., Biju, S., (2016), “A System Dynamics based strategic planning model for a rural milk dairy in India”, 34th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, July 17-21, 2016, Delft, The Netherlands
- Kamath V., Asish Oommen Mathew, Rodrigues L.L.R., (2013), “Indian Sparrows on the brink of extinction: Population dynamics combined with ecological changes”; 1st Minamata International Symposium on Environment and Energy Technology, December 4-6, 2013, Kumamoto, Japan.
- Kamath B.G., Kamath V., Rodrigues L.L.R., (2013), “The dynamics of social and ecosystem for the sustainable development of mankind: A system dynamics perspective”; 1st Minamata International Symposium on Environment and Energy Technology, December 4-6, 2013, Kumamoto, Japan.
- Kamath V., Asish Oommen Mathew, Rodrigues L.L.R., Desai P., (2013), “Saving the big cats from extinction – A systems approach to study India’s environmental initiatives to protect the Bengal tigers”; 1st Minamata International Symposium on Environment and Energy Technology, December 4-6, 2013, Kumamoto, Japan.
- Kamath B.G., Kamath V., Garg A., Prachi, (2013), “TQM implementation, performance, and firm profitability: A causal approach”; ASCENT-2013, A Scholarly Conference on Emerging Technologies for Information Systems & Business Management, April 11-12, 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Rodrigues, L.L.R, Motlagh, F., Ramesh, D., Kamath V., (2012), “System Dynamics Model for Remanufacturing in Closed Loop Supply Chains “; 30th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, July 22-26, 2012, St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Rodrigues, L.L.R, Motlagh, F., Hebbar, S., Kamath V., (2012), “System Dynamics based perspective to reliability centered maintenance”; 30th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, July 22-26, 2012, St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Kamath V., Rodrigues L.L.R., Desai P., (2011), “The role of top management in using Knowledge management as a tool for innovation – A System dynamics perspective”; The 2011 International conference of Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Management, World Congress on Engineering (WCE-2011), July 2011, Imperial College – London.
- Kamath V., Rodrigues L.L.R., Desai P., (2010), “Achieving increased market standing by using knowledge management as a tool for innovation – a causal approach”; 2010 International Conference on Management Science and Information Engineering, December 2010, Zhengzhou- China.
- Patel R., Rodrigues L.L.R., Kamath V., (2010), “Optimizing Safety Stock in Manufacturing Supply Chain Management: A System Dynamics Approach”; 2010 12th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, Cambridge University, London.
- Kamath V., Rodrigues L.L.R., Desai P., (2009), “The effect of a good HR in promoting KM & Innovation in a manufacturing sector – A System Dynamics Approach”; Third UKSim European Symposium on Computer Modeling and Simulation, November 2009, Athens- Greece.
- Director’s commendation for contribution in Research for the year 2020.
- Best Teacher Award in Management Discipline at Manipal University for the year 2012.
- Not Applicable.