The Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative of the United Nations Global Compact convened the 2017 Global Forum for Responsible Management Education — 10 Years of PRME in conjunction with the United Nations High-Level Political Forum.
Leaders joined hands in helping shape the future of business and management education, and to support the global effort to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Where | Fordham University Lincoln Center Campus — New York, NY (with a Special Session to be held at the United Nations Headquarters).
Who | Over 300 pioneers and thought leaders of responsible management education including deans, university presidents, professors, researchers, business school accreditation bodies, and students, in addition to high level guests from the United Nations, the private sector, civil society, and the media.
What | The 2017 Global Forum provided a collaborative platform and action-oriented space to:
- Celebrate 10 years of PRME and take stock of achievements by individual PRME signatories and impacts of the initiative (Looking back).
- Raise awareness about the SDGs and highlight their relevance for business and management schools (Learning).
- Lay the groundwork for PRME’s next phase: Highlighting commitments of PRME signatories and stakeholders to implement the SDGs underscored by the 6 PRME Principles in teaching, research and thought leadership (Looking forward).
How | The format of the Global Forum was composed of two main sessions and a variety of focus meetings with PRME networks and partners, including:
- Keynote address and panel discussions from high level thought leaders
- Opportunity to reaffirm commitment to the universal values and principles of PRME
- “Collaboratories” of interactive and solution-oriented discussion
- Time for pre-planned and impromptu collaborations among participants
- Networking opportunities