Application Process and Fee
Interested students need to apply for this programme via the link provided on the websites of Mu Sigma and TAPMI-CEL (Center for Executive Learning). The details of the application process are as follows.
- The application window begins on the 28th of September 2020.
- There is no application fee for applying to this programme.
- Selection interviews will happen over September to Mid December 2020.
Qualifying Exam and Work-experience Cut-offs
- Graduate degree with not less than 50% marks in their 10th, 12th and undergrad
- Not more than 4 backlogs in the undergrad program
- Work Experience: Minimum 2 years, Maximum 6 years
*A candidate should meet at least 2 of the above criteria to be part of the Selection process of this program.
Candidature for interview
- TAPMI and Mu Sigma will consider the candidate based on academic profile, work experience, extra-curricular achievements, problem-solving ability, content & creativity, communication, self-management and leadership skills.
Admissions will be conducted jointly by Mu Sigma and TAPMI.
The admission process will consist of the below: (not necessarily in the same order)
- To test Individual Business Problem-Solving Ability, candidates will have to:
- Pick a suggested real-world problem of their own choice, present a solution for it in under 4 mins and upload the video of them presenting the solution. TAPMI and Mu Sigma will evaluate the candidates on difficulty and relevance of the chosen problem, creativity, simplicity, and practicality of solution, and presentation skills.
- Pick a suggested topic where the candidate needs to summarize the essence of an idea/talk and present a solution for it in under 4 mins and upload the video of them presenting their understanding on the topic. TAPMI and Mu Sigma will evaluate the candidates on articulation and presentation skills.
- Written Ability Test (WAT) + SOP: WAT will be conducted to evaluate the written capabilities of prospective candidates – it aims to evaluate Articulation, Synthesis, Communication, and Technical (Grammar and Spellings) writing skills of the applicant. The SOP will be evaluated to assess the intent and drive to join the program.
- Personal Interview (PI): PIs will be conducted to understand the applicant’s aptitude towards management education. TAPMI and Mu Sigma will evaluate the applicant’s ability in terms of Communication, Self-Management and Leadership.
- Collaborative Problem-Solving Ability: The candidates will go through a Group Activity where they will be given a real-world business problem to solve as a group – they will be evaluated on their Problem-Solving ability, Critical thinking and Decision-making skills as well as Leadership and Self-Management.
- The final selection of the candidate will be based on a weighted average score. The focus of the program is to create leaders in problem-solving and decision sciences, and as such, candidates who display a high onus on problem-solving, exhibit a hyper-curious mindset, and have a strong appetite for learning will be selected.