Application Process and Fee
Interested students need to apply for this programme via the link provided on the websites of Mu Sigma and TAPMI-CEL (Center for Executive Learning). The details of the application process are as follows.
- The application window begins on the 15th of July 2019
- There is no application fee for applying to this programme.
- Selection interviews will happen over August – September 2019
Qualifying Exam and Work-experience Cut-offs
- Graduate degree with not less than 50% marks in their undergrad and not more than 4 backlogs
- Work Experience: Minimum 2 years, Maximum 6 years
Shortlisting for the admissions process will be done based on profile, work-experience, and exam scores.
Final Interviews and Admission Process
Admissions process will be carried out in two phases. The first round will be the individual problem-solving round finished by the candidates in their own locations in their own time before the final process date. Detailed instructions regarding the date and submission modes will be provided separately through mail.
The next phase will be conducted at the Mu Sigma Office/Online jointly by Mu Sigma and TAPMI faculty.
The entire admissions process will consist of a Individual Problem Solving Round, Collaborative Problem Solving Round, followed by Personal Interview (PI).
- Individual Problem-Solving Ability: Candidates will have to pick a real-world problem of their own choice, present a solution for it in under 4 mins and upload the video of them presenting the solution on YouTube. TAPMI and Mu Sigma will evaluate and further filter shortlisted students (for final interview) on difficulty and relevance of chosen problem, creativity, simplicity, and practicality of solution, and presentation skills.
- As explained earlier, the individual problem-solving round will be carried out before the final interview date.
- Collaborative Problem-Solving Ability: The candidates will go through a Group Activity where they will be given a real-world business problem to solve as a group – they will be evaluated on their team-work/collaboration, initiative, definition of the problem, representation of solution, feasibility/sustainability of implementation.
- Personal Interview (PI): PIs will be conducted to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. To ensure the same, TAPMI and Mu Sigma will be conducting Behavioral Personal Interview. TAPMI and Mu Sigma will evaluate the applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership, and Communication.
- Final selectionof the candidate will be based on a weighted average score, with different parameters weighted as shown below. The focus of the program is to create leaders in problem-solving and decision sciences, and as such, candidates who display a high onus on problem-solving, exhibit a hyper-curious mindset, and have a strong appetite for learning will be selected.