Admission Process – NRI / PIO
TAPMI offers admissions for NRI/PIO candidates only in PGDM program
- The Admissions Process provided below explains the common process followed across ALL programs. Each PGDM program may have additional components based on its requirements. However, NRI/PIO candidates are eligible for the PGDM program only.
- TAPMI follows “Profile-based shortlisting” for NRI/PIO candidates.
- The Statement of Purpose plays an important role in shortlisting.
Non Resident Indian (NRI) Definition
Candidates under NRI quota, must be an Indian national and additionally satisfy one of the 3 criteria listed below (with sufficient proof):
1) Must have graduated from a University/Institute abroad within the last three years [OR]
2) At least one of the parents must be an NRI at the time of this Application [OR]
3) Must be sponsored by a blood relative who is an NRI
PIO / Foreign Citizen Definition
An international applicant is one who is not an Indian citizen.
Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
Shall mean the persons who are citizens of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian passport, or who or either of his/her parents or any of his/her grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Sec2(b) of Citizenship Act 1955.
Shall mean the citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO.
A Graduate Degree with not less than 50% marks (final year student may also apply. The admission will be cancelled if the applicant obtains less than 50% in his/her graduation).
Valid Entrance Exam scores
NRI Candidates: CAT / XAT / GMAT / NMAT / SNAP / ATMA / CMAT / MAT
PIO / Foreign Nationals: GMAT (compulsory) and IELTS (if required).
Stage I: Shortlisting
For NRI / PIO candidates TAPMI follows profile-based shortlisting. Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid entrance exam scores, academic profile, work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extra-curricular achievements if any.
Students will be informed on the shortlist decision through email / SMS on their registered email id and phone number.
Stage II: Admissions Process
The stage II of TAPMI Admissions process consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by a Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interview (PI).
- Written Ability Test (WAT): TAPMI conducts WAT to evaluate written capabilities of prospective students. WAT aims to evaluate Articulation and Technical (Grammar and Spellings) of the applicant.
- Group Discussions (GD): Group Discussions aims to evaluate ability of the applicant to interact within a group. GD aims at evaluating applicant’s skills in Leadership, Problem Solving, Solution Orientation, Persuasion and Communication. Topics for GD will be based on current affairs/ issues debated in last five years.
- Collaborative Problem-Solving Ability: The candidates will go through a Group Activity where they will be given a situation or problem to solve as a group – they will be evaluated on their team-work/collaboration, initiative, definition of the problem, representation of solution, feasibility of implementation.
- Personal Interview (PI): TAPMI’s objective for conducting personal interview is to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. To ensure the same TAPMI will be conducting Behavioural Personal Interview. TAPMI will evaluate applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership and Communication.
For candidates unable to visit India for the Stage II, we will inform the admission process in due course.
Final selection of the candidate is based on Entrance Exam Score + academic profile + work experience + WAT Score + GD Score + PI Score. Details will be provided later.
Centers for GD/WAT/PI
Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, New Delhi and Manipal.
* Above centers/dates may be shifted to others subject to number of applications.
Application Fee (Non-refundable inclusive GST)
One program – INR 2200 + 18% GST
Two programs – INR 2800 + 18% GST
Three programs – INR 4000 + 18% GST
Four programs – INR 6000 + 18% GST
Last date for submission of online application extended till – January 30, 2020
- TAPMI does not accept application in hardcopy mode. All applications must be submitted online. Candidates have an option of making payment for application through online/credit card/debit card or using online banking payment facility. Our website will guide you through the application submission process as well as online payment process.
- The above procedure may be changed depending on the developments that may arise.
- Any disputes regarding the Admissions to these programs are subject to the jurisdiction of Udupi only.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Our Institute uses CAT/XAT/GMAT scores for shortlisting the candidates for our Post-graduate Programmes in Management. IIMs, XLRI and GMAC have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.