Admission Process – NRI / PIO
TAPMI offers admissions for NRI/PIO candidates only in MBA programme
- The Admissions Process provided below explains the common process followed across ALL programmes. Each MBA programme may have additional components based on its requirements. However, NRI/PIO candidates are eligible for the MBA programme only.
- TAPMI follows “Profile-based shortlisting” for NRI/PIO candidates.
- The Statement of Purpose plays an important role in shortlisting.
NRI/NRI Sponsored Eligibility Criteria
Candidates under NRI quota must be an Indian national and additionally satisfy either of the criteria listed below (with enough proof)
- Must be an Indian Citizen who is ordinarily residing outside India and holds an Indian Passport [OR]
- Must be the Sons/Daughters of Non-Resident Indian(s)
- NRI Sponsored Candidates (sponsored by NRI parents OR brother/sister of parents* OR brother/sister/ of the candidate* OR Grandparents of the Candidate* OR Spouse of the Candidate*)
*The sponsor must be a foreign national of hold NRI status
PIO / Foreign Citizen Definition
An international applicant is one who is not an Indian citizen.
Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
Shall mean the persons who are citizens of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian passport, or who or either of his/her parents or any of his/her grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Sec2(b) of Citizenship Act 1955.
Shall mean the citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO.
A Graduate Degree from a recognised university with not less than 50% marks (final year student may also apply. The admission will be cancelled if the applicant obtains less than 50% in his/her graduation).
Valid Entrance Exam scores
NRI Candidates: CAT / XAT / GMAT / NMAT / SNAP / ATMA / CMAT / MAT
PIO / Foreign Nationals: GMAT (compulsory) and IELTS (if required).
Stage I: Shortlisting
For NRI / PIO candidates, TAPMI follows profile-based shortlisting. Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid entrance exam scores, academic profile, work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extra-curricular achievements if any.
Students will be informed on the shortlist decision through email to their registered email id.
Stage II: Admissions Process
The stage II of TAPMI admissions process consists of English Proficiency Test (EPT), followed by Moderated Group Discussion (MGD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- English Proficiency Test (EPT): EPT assesses the English proficiency across listening, writing, and reading skills of the applicant.
- Moderated Group Discussions (MGD): Moderated Group Discussions aims to evaluate ability of the applicant to interact within a group an enrich the discussion. MGD aims at evaluating applicant’s skills in Problem Solving, Confidence and Assertiveness, Persuasion, Collaboration and Communication. Topics for MGD will be based on current affairs/ issues debated in last five years. An important change for the forthcoming process is to restrict the number of candidates to 6 per group and have the discussion moderated by the faculty panel.
- Personal Interview (PI): TAPMI’s objective for conducting a personal interview is to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. To ensure the same TAPMI will be conducting Behavioural Personal Interview. TAPMI will evaluate applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership, and Communication.
The final selection of the candidate is based on Entrance Exam Score + academic profile + work experience + EPT Score + MGD Score + PI Score. Details will be provided later.
|Valid Entrance Exam Scores
|Score for academic performance (in X, XII, Undergraduate Degree)
|Weightage for Gender Diversity and Extra-curricular Activities
*Based on the APH 2021 – Subject to change
Mode of Interview: Online
Application Fee (Non-refundable inclusive GST)
MBA Programme – INR 2000 + 18% GST
TAPMI Important Admission dates
Last date for submission of online application – January 18, 2022
- TAPMI does not accept application in hardcopy mode. All applications must be submitted online. Candidates have the option of making payment for application through online/credit card/debit card or using online banking payment facility. Our website will guide you through the application submission process as well as online payment process.
- The above procedure may be changed depending on the developments that may arise.
- Any disputes regarding the Admissions to these programmes are subject to the jurisdiction of Udupi only.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Our Institute uses CAT/XAT/GMAT scores for shortlisting the candidates for our Post-graduate Programme in Management. IIMs, XLRI and GMAC have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- There is no “Management Quota” at TAPMI.