BrandScan Glimpses 2011
BrandScan’11 was conducted in Mangalore City Centre Mall on 12th & 13th November. The two days in Mangalore saw tremendous response from the crowd. There were eight projects which were conducted in Mangalore. These were from GCMMF, ITC Ltd., Fastrack, Vodafone, Mahindra 2 Wheelers, Piramal Health care, Perfetti Van Melle and Corporation Bank.
BrandScan’11 was conducted in Manipal at MJC grounds on 19th & 20th November. The fair was inaugurated jointly inaugurated by Mr. Devendra Shinde (VP Marketing, Mahindra 2 Wheelers) and Mr Anup (Regional Head, Vodafone).15 projects were undertaken in Manipal including the ones done in Mangalore.
BrandScan’11 saw participation from some of the biggest names in the industry. It received a total of 15 projects from various clients in diverse sectors. BrandScan entered 19th year of its existence and has now completed 215 projects. The list of companies for whom the research was conducted is shared below –
|1||1. To understand the behavior and expectations of consumers of the face wash category by researching their purchase and consumption habits and attitudes.
2. What are the motivators and barriers to the trial of face washes?
3. What are consumer brand perceptions (strengths & weaknesses) of existing category leaders?
4. What motivates the switching behavior in consumer loyalty in this category?
5. Do the above factors vary for Men and Women significantly?
|2||1. Competitive analysis of Vodafone vis-à-vis competitors like Idea, Airtel, Aircel, Tata Docomo etc. on various attributes such as service features offered, customer expectations and brand perception.
2. To determine the factors that influence the selection of a service provider
3. To study the barriers in using Vodafone service (amongst the non users)
|3||1. To understand which type of digital campaigns do well with youth 2.
2. Recall of Digital communications/campaigns (at spontaneous & aided levels) – would be across categories.
|4||1. Perceptual mapping of Corporation Bank’s vis-a-vis competitors on factors such as reliability, security, service, brand image, prestige etc.
2. To study the Brand Personality and benefit association of Corporation Bank.
|5||1. To study the factors that influences the purchase of branded helmets among the target segment.
2. To study the price point at which the target segment would shift from an unbranded helmet to a branded helmet.
3. Perceived difference among consumers between branded and unbranded helmets.
|6||1. Perception of Lacto Calamine in the mind of skin care consumers.
|7||1. To Devise an Online Media Strategy for AMUL.
|8||1. Awareness of electric 2 wheelers /scooters.
2. If there is a choice between a normal scooter (like Activa) and Electric scooter – which would they prefer buying? and why?
3. Occasions of using a normal scooter v/s electric scooter.
4. Understanding of electric scooter vis-à-vis Cost of Vehicle, Vehicle charging, Mileage/charge, Cost of use v/s normal scooter.
|9||1. Factors which customer consider while evaluating and comparing products of Reebok, Adidas and Nike. This should focus more on offering “tangible part” than on brand, brand image, equity etc.
2. How long they are willing to travel extra for their preferred store of Reebok?
3. Which are the factors (specific to our industry) which make the customer loyal to the particular store- Size of the store, staff, Collection/Merchandise, distance, destination etc. including respective weight of each of the parameter?
|10||1. To measure the effectiveness of latest ads of John Players and to suggest an effective medium of communication (ex: TV, Newspaper, Social Media, Hoardings etc).
2. To measure the brand awareness among the students of Manipal.
|11||1. Consumer usage pattern on online media and identifying various ways of tapping market research opportunities on the same.|
|12||1. To determine the consumer preference for branded products with respect to the type of stores (eg: exclusive retails outlets, department chains, multi-brand retail etc.).
|13||1. Competitor analysis of Campco w.r.t Cadbury, Nestle, Amul on parameters like taste, packing, variety, price and brand image.
Brand equity study with an ad recall with below pointers:1. Awareness of Fortune Cooking oil.
2. Other brands of cooking oil most recalled- aided/unaided.
3. The advt. recall of Fortune v/s competition.
4. What promotion media – TV, Radio, Print, Outdoor, Consumer schemes, Retailer’s prodding, etc. influences their purchase decision and to what degree?
|15||1. Brand Perception of Nikon and understanding the customer preferences In terms of features of the camera.
Sponsors for BrandScan’11
BrandScan’11 was associated with various companies in terms of partnership and sponsorship as well. Vodafone, the leading network service provider, was the principal sponsor for the event. The detailed list of all the partners is shared below –
|Sl.No||Type of Partnership||Company|
|2||Market Research Partner|
(Panache- Fashion Show)
THE WEDDING PALACE, UDUPI
|4||Official Radio Partner|
|5||Official Print Media Partner||
|6||Official TV Partner|
BrandScan’11 was a huge success in terms of the events conducted and the footfall they brought. A total of 6000 visitors came to witness some of the most exciting events. Events were customized keeping in mind the Target Group required by this year’s projects.
The list of events, participants, winners & prize money is shared below -
|Sl.No||Event Name||Participants||Winner||Prize Money|
|1||MOSH – Rock Show
3 Bands Inner Sanctum (Bangalore)Zygnema (Mumbai)
|2||Panache – Fashion Show||4 Teams||
1st Position – Glam N Glitz (MIT)2nd Position – Burning Ice (MIT)
|3||Zest – Dance Competition||8 Teams||
1st Position – Blitzkreig (MIT)2nd Position–Dream Boys (Mangalore)
|4||Mr. Biker||11 Participants||
1st Position – Mr. Joeyal
|5||Kalakriti||300 Participants||Rs. 3500|
|6||Kids Got Talent||40 Participants||1st Position – Arya Group
Special Prize- Kids Play School